What Information We Gather and Track
1. We request personal information when you place an order, register for a product or service, download information, request a service, answer a survey, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our Web site.
a. If you submit an order on-line with us, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address, and credit card number.
b. If you request technical support online, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name address and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
c. You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
2. The only other information we automatically collect is information related to the use of our web site. This information is anonymous and is gathered through our servers’ log files and we do not use this information to identify you personally. This information allows us to create better content aimed at our viewer’s preferences. These log files record generic information, such as:
a. General information when you log in: Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” or “yourschool.edu”); Internet Protocol (IP) address; operating system; the browser used to access our Web site; files downloaded; the date and time you access our site; and the pages that you visited.
b. Referral and statistical information where we have links or ad banners. Such data may include aggregate data such as the number of click-throughs that occurred. It may also include specific data, such as whether you are a repeat visitor; whether you viewed or clicked on an ad banner and used our site, and the identity of the site which you linked to or from any Authentidate applications. We do not use such data to identify you personally.
How We Use the Information We Gather and Track
We use personally identifiable information in the following ways:
1. To provide you with information about product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters and informative emails;
2. To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you;
3. To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you and to improve your experience on our Web site;
4. To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs;
5. To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
6. To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you.
Some of our pages use a feature of your browser called a “cookie.” Cookies, by themselves, are not able to extract any personal information from you. This cookie automatically identifies your computer – but not you – to our servers when you visit our site. Unless you specifically tell us, Authentidate will never know who you are, even though we may assign your computer a cookie. Also, Authentidate’s web sites can only read cookies created by Authentidate’s web sites. Cookies allow us to personalize our site for you and to provide you with information that fits your needs and desires. For instance, once you register your product online, a cookie is written to your computer so that you will not need to type information in the future to obtain support.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide the services you have requested.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Security: Secured Data Transmissions
In those instances where we secure your information in transit to us and upon receipt in order to safeguard your personal information, Authentidate uses the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL). The URL in your browser will change from HTTP to HTTPS when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate invoked secure transmission.
Changing your Information
We make a sincere effort to respond to your requests to update or correct the personal information you may have provided us. If you believe that we do not have your current personal information or wish to delete or correct such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access by Third Parties
Other Web Sites
You can or also mail us at:
Authentidate Holding Corp.
Connell Corporate Center
300 Connell Drive, Suite 1000
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
We will investigate and respond to your inquiry. Your inquiry will be treated confidentially, and will not be shared with external parties. Because technologies on the Internet change so quickly, Authentidate reserves the right to modify its Privacy Statement from time to time. More legal information can be found in Authentidate’s Legal Notice Statement.